Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What is Postapalooza?

Q: What instantly turned my day around for the better?
A: The multiple "Official Lollapalooza Aftershow" announcements!

(TQ note: For total enjoyment of this post, when you see a link - right click to "Open Link in New Window" or New Tab because each link will send you to a choice YouTube track by the hyperlinked musical act. I hope MySister appreciates that direction for the computer illiterate)

I'm sure someone has already come up with this name before - but I'm calling this concert series that doesn't involve heat exhaustion, uncomfortably large crowds, tickets that are way too expensive for quality far too poor - POSTAPALOOZA!

First I see that my new favorite Lincoln Hall is bringing Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros to perform a show on the Friday night of the Lolla'weekend. It gets better, the opener for them will be Freelance Whales!

But I'm not going to that show.... Why not? More importantly, why am I not that upset about it?

Because just seconds later (as I scrolled down my iPhone during lunch today) I saw that Cut Copy will be performing a Metro show! I'm sorry Edward Sharpe, but Cut Copy wins this this concert face off without any hesitation.

In a distant third place for that Friday night: MGMT at House of Blues.

Lincoln Hall also announced that NPR darling Blitzen Trapper will be there on Saturday. However, I'm more interested in the opener: Avi Buffalo.

But I'm thinking I'm going to take Saturday night off. Yes, I also saw that The National is playing at The House of Blues - but I'm going to pass because of what will be there the night after:

Yup, the band I saw an astonishing 3 times in 2009 will be at the House of Blues that fateful Sunday in August. Phoenix is baaaaaaack!

The Cut Copy show is the only lock down will be seen by me of all these shows mentioned. Odds are I will most likely also purchase tickets for Phoenix (if I'm able to) to allow me the opportunity to see them if I want.