Saturday, May 31, 2008

New Mixtape & New Band of the Moment

Screw what the calendar and the almanac may say, we're in summer now that Memorial Day is in the rear view. A new season brings another TQ produced mixtape.
Past mixtapes included:
Spring Forward (indie rock/pop)
Cold Fusion (hip-hop and dance)
Fall Down (the remake of the infamous T.O.U.G.H. "TQ's Overtly Ultradressing Groove of Hurt)
Summer Moves (great mid 90s jams like Bell Biv DeVoe, Fresh Prince, and the like)

This season's mixtape was inspired from the rather heavy emphasis on concerts in my upcoming calendar. I've never had this much money in ticket form in my life. This picture was taken today:

Above pictured are tickets to a Cubs/Sox game, The Swell Season, Lebowski Fest (music by Mike Doughty & Pleaseeasaur), Pitchfork Festival (the day Spoon is headlining), My Morning Jacket and of course RADIOHEAD!!!!

Not pictured are the hopes of catching Ra Ra Riot and The Bravery at this year's Summerfest.

So this season's mixtape is called "Live and Let Live" (note: the first "live" is supposed to rhyme with give and the second "live" to rhyme with jive).
It consists of all "live" tracks.
1. "Little Fluffy Clouds (Live From Washington Dc '97)" by The Orb
2. "Philosophy" by Ben Folds
3. "I'll Stick Around (Live)" by Foo Fighters
4. "Poor Me (Live At the Hollywood Bowl)" by Coldplay
5. "Paranoid Android" by Radiohead
6. "Special" by Mew
7. "The Saints Are Coming (Live from New Orleans)" by Green Day & U2
8. "Please (Live From Rotterdam)" by U2
9. "Cast No Shadow (Live from Knebworth '96)" by Oasis
10. It's In Our Hands" by Björk
11. "You Got Me" by The Roots & Jill Scott
12. "Wordless Chorus" by My Morning Jacket
13. "Lay Low" by My Morning Jacket
-----
And finally, for my new band of the moment: Grand National.
I found these guys because they contributed to this FREE charity album from Cartier. If you like legally free music as much as I do, check out the album here.

Yes, I need to buy this Grand National album, and not listen to the same four songs and the below video from their MySpace page.

Drink to Move On