Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Who will see what with me when?

M83 @ Lincoln Hall. December 2011
This past weekend someone asked me what upcoming shows I was planning on attending. The answer was disappointing because it only consisted of the M83 show, which isn't until the first Friday in May. Typically the first few months of a year are concert-free as I'm focused more on either going to college basketball games (or rather watching them on TV). Meanwhile, it usually takes me a couple months to thoroughly sift through various Best Of Lists from the prior year.  Essentially, I'm scouting for which acts I want to target as they visit Chicago.

Here are some examples of acts about to come to town that I have not yet purchased tickets, but am strongly considering attending. Please let me know if any of these hit your ear well and want to make next year's spreadsheet.


Miniature Tigers @ Schubas Friday March 30 ($14)
(with opening act: The Chain Gang of 1974)



Neon Indian @ Metro Friday April 6 ($20)



Metronomy @ Lincoln Hall Wednesday April 4 ($15)



I Break Horses@ Lincoln Hall Tuesday May 29 ($14)