Friday, December 18, 2015

TQ's Year of TV (20 shows I did not watch in 2015)


http://www.jakelowephotography.com/explosions/

YEAR OF TV (20 shows I did not watch in 2015)
  • My favorite shows (ranks 60-41 [will publish on Monday])
  • My favorite shows (ranks 40-21 [will publish on Tuesday])
  • My favorite shows (ranks 20-01 [will publish on Wednesday])
2011's post / 2012's post / 2013's post / 2014's life threatening list / 2014's non life threatening list


2015 was the biggest year yet for PeakTV. Therefore, I have attempted to chronicle my televised viewing in the most comprehensive way possible. My personal rankings are decided by a single question: if two shows have a new episode on my DVR, which would I want to watch before the other? These are my favorite shows.

As as you will see: although I have attempted to watch everything, there are still more shows that I didn't see for various reasons. Here are 20 TV shows that are either on my radar, stopped watching, or ran out of 2015 to see before this post.


Transparent (Amazon): I don't have Amazon Prime. I know it's a show I want / need / have to watch. Please accept my apologies.

Rectify (Sundance): When I look back at the worse shows I watch, I regret that I'm not using that time for this show I'm very curious to see. None of it has been spoiled for me.

Casual (Hulu): I don't have Hulu. This show looks great and right up my alley.

The Knick (Cinemax): Of all the shows on this list, this one is the most likely to get promoted.

The Incredibly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret (IFC): A show I very much want to watch all seasons.

UnREAL (Lifetime): I quit on it. Not for lack of quality, but other watching priorites eclipsed it. If I didn't hook me deep enough.

Catastrophe (Amazon): Would watch in a heartbeat if I had Amazon. (if you're wondering why I don't... I guess I Have to draw the line somewhere after HBO, Showtime, Netflix...)

The Mindy Project (Hulu): I know this show is good. I know it. I wasn't able to get to it while it was on Fox, and now it's over on Hulu. It's probably even better on Hulu.

The Man in the High Castle (Amazon): I don't have much interest in this show. Which is bad for Amazon because it would be the 3rd show I would watch and it would get me over the hump to get Prime.

Orphan Black (BBC America): I didn't like season 2 as much as season 1, which allowed other shows to get watched ahead of it. The steady stream of PeakTV is leaving this show in the dust.

Masters of Sex (Showtime): I didn't like season 2 as much as season 1, which allowed other shows to get watched ahead of it. The steady stream of PeakTV is leaving this show in the dust.

Orange Is The New Black (Netflix): I didn't like season 2 as much as season 1, which allowed other shows to get watched ahead of it. The steady stream of PeakTV is leaving this show in the dust.

Undateable (NBC): It's pretty sad that I don't watch this when you consider I saw the whole cast's stand up show when they were touring to support its new season. Ron Funches is amazing, but the top two characters on the show... I have a lesser opinion watching.

Children's Hospital (Adult Swim): I know I'll get to this eventually.

Strike Back (Cinemax): Pass. I know I loved 24, but... pass.

Married (FX): People like me (wanted to watch but didn't) is why it got cancelled. Many I know loved it and it's a big 2015 regret.

Archer (FX): I've tried multiple times to get back into this show. It just makes me want to watch Frisky Dingo again.

Bob's Burgers (FX): I know, I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

Portlandia (IFC): At this point, I may continue to avoid this show because of how entertained I am when I see people shocked to discover I don't watch.

Real Rob (Netflix): A great illustration of how my TV and comedy cohabitation. The fact that I know a Curb Your Enthusiasm type show about a forgotten SNL cast member speaks volumes.