Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Crowning Achievement: Part 2

On a much different note…
I am celebrating a small accomplishment of my own.
January 23, 2006 was the first post of this blog. And 150+ posts (better than a 3 per week average) later it's still going.

This blog had endured thanks to a content foundation of patting my own back, semi-fictionalization of true adventures and cynical theorizing of pending social or interpersonal developments. More importantly, it gains momentum from receiving random e-mails adding their own angle to a recent post. I greatly appreciate those notes, always a highlight.

As I've said before, 2006 was the best year of my life – and I lucked out by actually documenting it throughout.

One of my favorite television shows growing up was Doogie Howser M.D.

Every show ended with him slow-typing (you'd think a prodigy would be a better typist) in his computer journal. I always wanted to write in a daily journal growing up, but never did thanks to all those bad sitcom episodes of Sally's Diary being read aloud in the locker room / library / cafeteria / public address system. Thankfully for myself, I am smart enough to self-censor and often spin these tales to control my digital-literal appearance.

Thanks again,
TQ