Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Updates Galore: What's being seen, heard and read

First and least importantly, I got a hair cut.

I really should have written something soon after posting the maniacal hair picture. That's been at the top of this place for way too long.

Last night I watched the film Once.

Do yourself a favor and rent this movie. Watch it with open ears. It reminded me of the simplicity of Waitress which allows for any complexity to appear in your mind. this film stripped bare leaving just the characters for you to witness.

The names of these characters as they appear in the credits are "guy" and "girl."

The movie feels like a documentary. Long shots with a small camera and an overall feeling of naturalness.

More importantly, the music is amazing. How did it affect me? I instantly ran to MySpace to search out its music. I pieced it all together through three sites:
Official Movie MySpace Page
Official Soundtrack MySpace Page
Official Swell Season MySpace Page

I don't want to say too much about Once. It will make you either a)hop a plane for Dublin; b)pick up a guitar (even if you don't know how to play); c)start writing music; d) all of the above.

Today I went to Barnes & Noble with a $10 gift card burning a hole in my pocket. The DVD was $30! (A little steep, even for the B&N game). This movie has since rocketed up to my 1 wish list for a birthday gift.

I didn't use the card for a book, because MySister thankfully got me what book I wanted for Christmas:



Really looking forward to 2008. More on that later.