Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How did you hear the news?

Had I known, I would've stopped tweeting momentarily starting last Friday.  How huge would it have been if my 1,000th tweet would have been a retweet of the official news of Osama bin Laden's death?  Instead, I just simply tweeted that joining Twitter was a good decision as my 1,000th tweet.  Then late on Sunday, my opinion was forever justified as my Facebook feed was full of newly posted pictures of pets and laments for the end of the weekend while Twitter was erupting.

Here are twenty selections from Twitter in perhaps the most intense four or so hours of my tenure (for lack of a better term):


 

It may be different for you.  Personally, I choose to not customize my Facebook feed at all.  I want to see that world in its most ugly grimy version.  Nobody gets hidden and I'll only consider defriending you if you steal my kidney.  Additionally, I have not "liked" many news pages - the ones that tend to break news.  My Twitter feed is usually in constant flux as I list and unfollow accordingly.