Srilankan Airlines is the greatest airline I have ever had the pleasure to experience. I was on it twice - from New Delhi to Colombo and back. Most certainly my evaluation was improved by its pairing with the long enduring trials of Air India - but even if you look at their characteristics in isolated terms, the quality shines through:
- The planes were either new, or were kept in new condition - the leather seats had a new feel, but more importantly it had a pleasantly fresh smel.
- I was able to watch episodes of The Simpsons on my flights
- The complimentary magazine was a worthwhile kept souvenir (I had to consult it when writing many of these posts)
- They weren't overbooked - on both flights MySister and I were able to have an open seat between us.
- The flight attendants are very attractive, and were wearing semi-midriff revealing uniforms.