Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Blackberry


About four years ago I made the largest purchase of my life at the time. I bought a 1999 Saturn SL2 four door automobile (with a spoiler!). Actually, there is no "about." I know it was exactly four years ago because I just recently made my last payment on the chick magnet (did I mention it has a spoiler?).

The fact that I have no more payments was confirmed yesterday during a phone call. My question was quickly followed up by a "When do I get the title!?" The last time I saw the car's title was when the Saturn dealer showed it too me after shaking my hand. I was too distracted at something listed on the title - which will be the first thing I will look at again when I receive the title in 2-4 weeks...

COLOR: Blackberry

What kind of a car color name was that? My friend drives a "Legend Lime" Mustang. I remember my Uncle buying a "Champagne" Towncar. I guess Blackberry is what you use to describe a car that looks black at night and purple during the day.

More often than once, when handing the keys to the oil change dude, I'd hesitate when responding to his question, "what color is it?" Once a guy even followed up with a "You don't know what color your car is?"

"Well... the title says blackberry... but just put down black..."

I'll tell ya one thing's for sure - as of this month, there is no red in that car at all.

Driving a Debtfreemobile (with a Spoiler!),
TQ