Monday, November 27, 2006

Thank You Notes (My Mother Raised Me Better)


Growing up, writing Thank You Notes was a huge deal.
Very large huge big deal.
Our [late] Grandmother would rat out any and all grandchildren who did not write her a thank you note promptly after the holidays. Sometimes I even would ask Grandmother outright, "thank you, thank you a lot. Do I still have to write you a thank you note?" She'd respond with a "(chuckles)Oh no dear." Only to bust my ungrateful ass weeks later.

Recently, I've gotten many "gifts" as I warm my condo. And sadly, not a note has gone out yet.

[With the exception of two (whom address are not yet known) they are all written and in a stamped envelope for mail first thing Monday morning.]

To all gift givers to my past and in my future:
A thousand thank yous upon you, upon your house, and upon your decendants.