Friday, November 24, 2006

Christmas Music Time!


I love Christmas Music!
However, if it's played anytime before Thanksgiving dinner or after January 10th I don't want to hear a single note of it.

Memories of long car rides through Indiana listening to The Carpenters album, then the Johnny Mathis album, and back to The Carpenters was awesome. Working a "seasonal job" with MySister when "I-I-I-I'm dreaming... of a WHITE, Christ - MAAAAAS" ranks up there high also.

Most of the time now, I cool out here in the condo to the smooth jazz sounds of the Vince Guaraldi Trio's album. Classic and timeless - and yes, I do believe that Christmas is classic and timeless.

(that last comment, of course, is removed from how much the next few weeks will have nothing do to with the holiday - the shopping, the parking, the hassles)

Christmas music, the right kind (not the fluffy 98 degrees Christmas or worse the Chipmunks), is almost a cold hard lock to place me in a great mood.

Tomorrow morning I'm presetting the non-stop holiday music channel in my car.

Hope y'all had a Happy Thanksgiving,
TQ