Saturday, December 27, 2008

Have you ever selfishly infected others?

Query: When have you been too sick to go to an event for which you had tickets for?
Answer: Last January, for the MU vs. ND basketball game - hopefully NOT this Sunday.I came down with a bad (redundancy alert) case of Bronchitis last January. It prevented me from going to the Marquette versus Notre Dame basketball game for which I had tickets and planned to take my Dad.

Currently, I'm coughing up a storm. The illness first presented itself last Friday night, got progressively worse during my vacation in Las Vegas, and hit it's (hopefully) peak in the last 24 hours - nearly ruining my family's trip to visit a set of relatives in the process.

But I have tickets to see My Morning Jacket perform at the Chicago Theatre this Sunday. I am working with the best private label cold medicines available to me (for free) to get me in shape for this much anticipated event.

2008 has easily been my "year of ticketed events" and I can't think of a better way to close it out with this group. Yes, I have been VERY late to their bandwagon, but everyone who is already on this wagon has said that their live show is amazing. A good friend is driving down from nearly an hour north of here to go to the show with me.

A show, mind you, that was postponed for nearly two months after it's lead singer servery hurt himself performing in Iowa City less than one week before our originally scheduled show.

So now I'm on the mend. Spent all day today in bed, drinking fluids, what have you, getting ready for this show.

Do yourself a favor, go to YouTube or whatever insta-music device your prefer and type in "Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Part 2"
In my estimation, that is the song of the year for 2008.
Any best songs list that doesn't include that is a bogus list.
Create your mixtapes accordingly.