Monday, December 29, 2008

Would you like a copy of my Best of 2008 Mixtape?

Query: What did I do tonight when I couldn't sleep?
Answer: Compiled a quick "Best of 2008" playlist.

Earlier tonight (well, technically it was yesterday) I saw My Morning Jacket perform the song of the year for 2008: Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 2.

Truth be told, when I heard this song debuted at SXSW (thanks to NPR's podcast) I instantly awarded it the title. Even though that was back in March or April, no song to make waves past my ear drums was able to top it. The album was released in June and it hasn't left my car's CD changer since:

Fast forwarding to this morning at 2:30 am - when I did a quick scroll though my "purchased" list on my iTunes and came up with a quick Best of 2008 list. Please note that this list is what I currently think - and is subject to change. Thankfully I received a nice amount of iTunes money, which I plan to spend after I'm done researching the various year ending lists. So before you start calling the indie police - you should know that I haven't yet bought The Fleet Foxes yet... From what I've been reading, they probably would have been on this list if I had jumped on the bandwagon earlier.

Please let me know if you'd like a copy of this mixtape:

1. "We Walk" (Live version) by The Ting Tings
2. "Still Here" by Girl Talk
3. "Tesseliate" by Toyko Police Club
4. "Out There On the Ice" by Cut Copy
5. "Touch Too Much" by Hot Chip
6. "Yuppy Flu" by Land of Talk
7. "Churches Under the Stairs" by Broken Social Scene Presents Brendan Canning
8. "Geraldine" by Glasvegas
9. "Cemeteries of London" by Coldplay
10. "Sit and Wonder" by The Verve
11. "Worrisome Heart" by Melody Gardot
12. "Flume" by Bon Iver
13. "Touch Me I'm Going to Scream, Pt. 2" by My Morning Jacket