Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Which two Aussies will make you dance?

Q: What are you listening to now?
A: "This Boy's in Love" by The Presets

It's been a while since I've written about a SONG OF THE MOMENT.

In a surprising upset, this song is not from Canada's indie rock music scene. It's from about as far from there as you can get: Australia.

As a fan of Cut Copy, I frequently get directed to check out The Presets. Finally took the chance to stroll over to their page on MySpace - which I recommend to you if you want a danceable ditty to get down:
www.myspace.com/thepresets

I was enthralled with the song, "This Boy's in Love." It's got sweeping beats built upon a solid baseline with a chorus hook to boot.

Why does the best dance music come from duos? Daft Punk is one of the strongest examples of this principle. I'm far from an expert, but I think it has to do with the simple fact that most people dance with two feet. And the dualism of these artists can only be expressed when there's more than one layer? I don't know, I'm talking out of my rear here...

One that's shaking courtesy of these two fellas.