Monday, September 6, 2010

Where were you going in such a hurry?

Q: And where did have to be at 6 pm last Sunday?
A: I was freakin' going to Mass like a good Catholic!

I got nabbed by the "Red Light Cameras" this week. Found out about a week after I had actually committed my crime. The damn thing arrived in the mail and felt like partial blackmail, partial teasing (like a "nah nah na nah nah" bully taunt), and a partial punch in the gut.

This was a "Right Turn on Red" situation.
Instantly, I looked at the pictures and said, "How do they [expletive deleted] know I wasn't stopped before the turn?"

It's video, dude. I logged on, where you see the incriminating above screen capture, and saw surprisingly high quality video of my infraction.

Now here's the funny part. I was rushing to get to Mass. The time stamp clearly puts me on a Sunday Night, two minutes before the 6 pm Mass, at the stoplight just down the road from St. Al's!

For all that is holy, can't I pay this with a few Our Fathers and Hail Marys? Talk about putting $100 into the wrong collection basket.

P.S. This is a second draft of this blog, after much profanity deletion.