Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What are your 15 albums?

Q: Remember that "25 Random Things" phenomenon?
A: Here's a musical spin on it.

Copied from numerous F-book notes:
The rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen albums you've heard that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes. Tag fifteen friends, including me, because I'm interested in seeing what albums my friends choose. (To do this, go to your Notes tab on your profile page, paste rules in a new note, cast your fifteen picks, and tag people in the note.

Without further delay (I'm up against a time limit, remember) here we go, with artwork!

1. Poison by Bell Biv DeVoe (first album)


2. The Colour and the Shape by Foo Fighters (money in the bank)


3. Whatever and Ever Amen by Ben Folds Five (Darren Jesse & Robert Sledge, anyone?)


4. I Was Thinking of You the Whole Time by Neil Cleary (FAMILY PRIDE!)


5. Odelay by Beck (makes me wish I could sing karaoke)


6. Funeral by Arcade Fire (very sad I was so late to the Funeral)


7. Discovery by Daft Punk (can't walk to class without it)


8. Selmasongs by Bjork ("Strong men also cry. Strong men also cry.")


9. The soundtrack to Trainspotting by Various Artists (soundtracks have been a big staple of mine)


10. Broken Social Scene by Broken Social Scene (Mountie Rock, I love you)


11. Everything is Wrong by Moby (based solely on one track, but what an amazing track)


12. OK Computer by Radiohead (best album at the worst time of my life)


13. In Rainbows by Radiohead (best album at best time of my life)


14. Achtung Baby by U2 (not the first U2 album I heard, but the first I owned)



15. Things Fall Apart by The Roots (Hip-Hop couldn't have had a better introduction into my life)