Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Schilling & Kavanaugh

I was treated this evening to a rather long IM conversation with an old friend. To say our friendship is "modern" would put it mildly. How do we usually keep in touch? By reading each others blogs but of course. I haven't spoken to him on the phone in easily 6-7 years - we do not even have each others' phone numbers... But you couldn't tell that from our conversation tonight. Of the things we discussed tonight: Jack Bauer and Vladdy Guerrero...

He's a big baseball fan, and wanted to know what I thought about Bonds. I told him that I meant to blog on him a few weeks ago - but was preoccupied and didn't get around to it. Also, another nugget popped up in the news about him today. Hank Aaron went on the record a little over a month ago citing not wanting to travel as a reason for why he was not going to be in attendance for Bond's "record breaking" moment. Today he said that even if Bonds is on the verge during an upcoming road trip to Atlanta (Aaron's home town) he will still refrain from attending...

(Pardon me as I back away from the keyboard, stand up, and begin applauding)
---

Pretend this was posted a few weeks ago, shortly after the Curt Schilling controversy:

Curt Schilling said the following in reference to Barry Bonds on Tuesday May 7:
"I mean, he admitted that he used steroids. I mean, there's no gray area. He admitted to cheating on his wife, cheating on his taxes and cheating on the game, so I think the reaction around the league, the game, being what it is, in the case of what people think. Hank Aaron not being there. The commissioner trying to figure out where to be. It's sad. And I don't care that he's black, or green, or purple, or yellow, or whatever. It's unfortunate … there's good people and bad people. It's unfortunate that it's happening the way it's happening."

I wholeheartedly support anybody in a Bonds bashing. I was not only jubilant at the force of Schilling's comments - but it made me laugh as it reminded me of a scene from The Shield that has become a favorite bit between another friend and I.





Long Story Short: I hate Bonds, and I too am afraid as to what he'll do next.