Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Day: Part 2 of 2 [DTDP]

In my opinion, the best man-made earmuffs are as below pictured:


Shortly after 3 p.m. today, equipped with my headphones, shades for the blinding snow reflection and waterproof shoes I trekked over to Downtown Des Plaines. With the weather, this was easily the fastest option. It only took me three tracks of my latest purchased musical album:


I reserved a book written by a friend of a friend* on the library's website. I received e-confirmation that my book was waiting for me. Technology* at work.
*I know neither "friends." Owen King is an author on Brad Listi's Top Friends, Listi is one of my "friends" here on MySpace.

Many of my actual, tangible, friends have praised local coffee/sandwich/deli/undefined place:
KAFFECCINO
Kaffeccino is as clean and "modernesque" as Corner Bakery or Panera Bread. More importantly you get excellent sandwiches that are not only larger than the variety at the two before mentioned national establishments but are also lower priced.

With the weather progressively worse outside, and a mammoth sandwich and newly acquired book on my table. I had one of the nicest, and longest, late lunches in possibly by life.

10 more blocks home (which now equal 3 Bloc Party songs) and I'm back to write my tale. Soon after posting I will return to the new book. A lazy day that didn't' involve the starting of a car, but exercise and new discoveries nonetheless.

Who said Snow Days were only good for children?