Thursday, April 2, 2009

Can I be as mature as I need to be?

Q. Can I maybe be a mentor?
A. A.S.

(For Lent, I've decided to write 40 posts about people I love / made me who I am / thankful to know / appreciate)

A few weeks ago I wrote about "T.M."
He is someone ten years older than me who I have (and continue t0) look up to...
There's a rather close friend of mine, A.S. who is about seven years younger than I.
Of everyone I'd consider "a friend" he is easily the youngest.

I feel like I'm on the reverse side of the dynamic that T.M. and I have.
He's called me for professional advice, I try to give him some lessons that I've learned hoping he won't have to pay some of the costs I have.

A.S. both keeps me feeling young and reminds me that it's good that I'm not.
He doesn't realize it, but he's making me a better person.