Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Who's the hostess with the mostess?

Q. What will happen when the girl who loves to throw parties finally has one for herself?
A. M.K.

(For Lent, I've decided to write 40 posts about people I love / made me who I am / thankful to know / appreciate)

If you read my last post, you saw that I mentioned that I went on an "evening date" with KMH, and that she was the only subject of these posts that will be able to make that claim. That's because I actually consider the first date I've ever gone on (with M.K.) doesn't really qualify.

M.K. and I went out to a movie, yes.
But the movie was Bambi, her Mom joined us, and I was five years old.

She's now engaged.
Her wedding will be a huge party, for someone who throws some of the better ones.
For those that know me, you realize that "kegs and boobs" is not what I'm looking for in a party.
Intelligent conversation plus board games with a slight factor on inside comedy is what makes a M.K. party great.

The following, I swear, is a compliment:
My most painless New Year's Eve nights were spent in her condo thanks to her parties.

She's been working diligently in the preparation for her own wedding - I can't wait.