Monday, November 23, 2009

How do you bookend vacations?

Q: How do you know when a vacation starts, and ends?
A: Besides the normal punch out - punch in routine...

I'm feeling higher than a weather balloon right now.
It's 2:00 am.
I just set my alarm for 5:00 am.
My Dad's gonna pick me up at 6 am to take me to the airport.
Vegas Vegas Vegas Vegas Vegas Vegas Vegas

So right now, this moment, I feel like I'm on vacation.
Not at all upset that I'm starring down the barrel of yet another Sunday Night Insomnia fest!

To be technically accurate, vacations are bookmarked by actual work.
From the time you leave the office until the time 0bligated to return - that's a vacation.

But for me, and Vegas Vacations especially, the bookends are my trips to the bank.
I'm thinking positive here.

Yesterday I made my annual withdraw from my bank.
Cash bitch.
I'm not using Traveler's Checks this time.
The point is - I hope my vacation ends with a deposit to the same bank.

I've got my daily budget.
Multiplied it by two.
Took out an extra segment for incidentals.
Non credit cardable taxis, food, tips... the like.

The iPod is charged up and in my carry on...
My phone is getting there...
Recharging accessories packed as well...

Bring.

It.

On.

And now I'm listening to Kylie when I should be charging myself.

My next post will be from Clark County!