Sunday, April 25, 2010

Do you like your credit card?


Q: What died recently?
A: My favorite credit card.

There are a lot of stupid things that I do.
My 'logic' is very easily polluted by nonsensical mumbojumbo.
Take for instance, the fact that I refused to activate my "new" credit card.

About a year ago, Chase and MGM Mirage had ceased their relationship with each other.
This was probably more MGM Mirage's decision than Chase's. (City Center condo anyone? anyone?)
This made me go on a somewhat moderate spending spree last summer to make sure I hit the next "reward level" plateau and qualify/cash in as many MGM Mirage gift cards as I could. That funded my November 2009 Vegas trip.

Then I got my 'next' credit card in the mail to replace the card soon to expire. The card that featured a beautiful picture of The Bellagio on it. The new card: I'm not very happy at it's boring appearance.

Of course, this shouldn't matter at all.

But I refused to activate my newer card. This past weekend, less than a week before it would've been automatically rejected everywhere, I finally cut it up my 'outgoing' card.

So I'm just left with a boring old standard issue credit card.
The picture on the card was only recognized, or commented upon, by one person the 3 or so years I had it... It was actually by a countergirl at the In-N-Out Burger in San Bernadino, California.

Again, me being somewhat illogically crazy - that story made me enjoy having that card even more.

For the record, I've never once stayed - and don't plan on ever - staying at The Bellagio.