Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Will you go to this show with me? (Shout Out Louds & Freelance Whales)

Q: Am I going to Lollapalooza?
A: Probably not, and this is why...

The lineup for 2010 Lollapalooza was announced Monday Night. Yes, there are many bands that I want to see among the names mentioned. I intend to break that down shortly, but one of the reasons I don't want to go to that mess is because I'd much rather see the acts I want to see in smaller venues.

Such as the show on Monday May 10 at Lincoln Hall

Freelance Whales is one of the smaller acts scheduled to perform at Lollapalooza.
l
Check out their song, "Generator Second Floor"

Freelance Whales: Generator^Second Floor (Grand Street Studio Recording) from Ryan Mack on Vimeo.


They are opening for another band that's been on my radar for quite some time (since SXSW '08) Shout Out Louds.


The concert is only $15, which is an absolute steal.