Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Which gangstas are the most dangerous?

Q. Who's seen me at my most nervous?
A. K.M.H.

(For Lent, I've decided to write 40 posts about people I love / made me who I am / thankful to know / appreciate)

K.M.H. is the only person in these entire 40 posts who has been on a date with yours truly. Serious. We're talking an evening date. Me picking her up, paying for dinner, seeing a movie, kiss good night... no other way to detail the evening: DATE.

We actually had a couple of dates.
Then she hopped on a plane for Spain.
I have that effect.

Kidding aside, that Spanish voyage was well known before date one - so I think the dates went well because I was an immature fellow not knowing what to do with a possible long term thing - so the only way I could have a good date was knowing that its end was imminent.

Regardless, or as she would say ironically "irregardless," we became good friends. Which may not really surprise most because I met her before my 12th birthday... But if you know the history you know that we didn't speak one word to each other over a near 10 year stretch.

Thankfully our paths intersected one night many years ago and I consider her a confidant. She has a very hard and honest opinion that is never shy from being shared. I'm very appreciative of that... appreciative of her.

In fact, we really need to get caught up... It's been too long...