Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Will someone? Anyone? Go to one of these concerts? With Me?

Q: Do I intend to see every show I'm about to list?
A: No, but I'm casting out a large net looking for other fish...

(prices listed are without the service charge ass blasting)

Ra Ra Riot: Wed. 9/16 @ Schubas ($20)
Grizzly Bear: Sun. 9/27 @ Metro ($25)
Moby: Wed. 9/30 @ Vic ($34)
Fever Ray: Sat 10/3 @ Metro ($25)
The Bravery: Sun 10/4 @ Vic ($18)
Peter Bjorn and John: Thurs. 11/12 @ Metro ($20)

There are bands listed (Ra Ra Riot & The Bravery) that have passed through Chicago knowingly and regrettably without my attendance.
Others listed I have actually already seen (Grizzly Bear & Peter Bjorn and John) but didn't have as great as an experience as I would have liked and want to give them a second chance.
One (Moby) is a legend according to my iPod library. It's amazing that I haven't seen him live.
And then there's one wild card (Fever Ray) that I suspect will be well worth the price of admission.

All have one glaring fact in common: I can't go to any of these by myself. (Although the foursome from Brooklyn is making a strong case)

Feel free to watch the following YouTube selections for a musical sampling:

"Dying is Fine" by Ra Ra Riot


"Ready, Able" by Grizzly Bear


"Study War" by Moby


"When I Grow Up" by Fever Ray


"An Honest Mistake" by The Bravery


"Nothing to Worry About" by Peter Bjorn and John