Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Is this the best tweet yet? (I'm sorry I wasn't listening)

I have been more Achiever-focused than usual in the past 24 hours:
Last night Burkhalter posted the official Facebook Event along with the updated 10th Annual Page on LebowskiFest.com.  This morning I made sure to call the official hotel for the Fest to book my reservation under the discounted rate. (Something I highly recommend to everybody that knows they are going - the hotel block always sells out)  And then this afternoon I noticed @lebowskifest started following me Twitter.

It's official fellow Achievers.  The "LeBlogski" link was removed from www.lebowskifest.com.  The Founding Dudes had given me fair warning.  All I had asked was for a simple shout out when they finally did scatter the ashes.  The result is easily the best tweet I've seen in my Feed since signing up on Twitter in late September 2010.  If I could, I'd have Sam Elliot him-Stranger-self say, "Much obliged" to Will & Scott...

Well, I guess we can close the file on that one.

This was my final post on LeBlogski:
I've got to uh-- tender my resignation or whatever (February 19, 2011)
Co-Star in the Beaver Picture
Like a toe (with nailpoish!), LEBLOGSKI is getting cut off.
When asked about the idea of shutting it down, I told the Founding Dudes that its absence will most likely go universally unnoticed.  LF's social media integration (Facebook / Twitter) is strong enough to get it into the next round robin (#amiwrong).  It is a much smoother way for them to connect with Achievers.  But just in case people see this, thank you very much for reading.  There have been a couple instances when people have mentioned to me at a Lebowski Fest that they've read it, which is always surprising and flattering.

Favorite posts from my tenure as the Lebowski Fest Blogger:

For those looking to feed their Lebowski fix by way of a blog, I can't recommend lebowskipodcast.com strongly enough.  In addition to the podcast maintained by Fest-regular Chalupa, the blog on the podcast's website is consistently updated with Achiever-minded stories grabbed from the fringes of the Internet.

Thank you to Will & Scott (the Founding Dudes) for allowing me the privilege of sharing my like love of Lebowski on their website, and in turn with all of you.  This news won't stop me from writing about Lebowski Fests in the future (they just won't be here, but on my personal blog instead).  More importantly, I can't wait to catch ya later on down the trail at an upcoming Lebowski Fest.

Goodnight, sweet prince.[TQ]