Monday, October 25, 2010

Who is this week's XXX star?

I've lost count how many times I've texted, "Welcome to Club XXX" to a friend on their 30th birthday. It's classic (as in Roman Numeral) pun humor. I'd like to wish another into the club: Kim Kardashian.

She had her 30th party at TAO nightclub at The Venetian. I bet she got a lot of money for hosting it there. Some of us didn't get such a venue (but I'm not complaining although a tad jealous).

She is now legitimately famous for being famous, although I still think Joel McHale had it right when he frequently called her, "...famous for having a big butt and a sex tape."

Ms. Kardashian has gotten some press from this latest cover shot. She went as far to say as this is the last time she's posing nude... that she wanted to get it all out of her system before she turned 30. Memo to the obvious: in the age of the Internet, you pose just once (or make a sex tape) you've posed forever. Shots like these are just spitting into the ocean.

Maybe I'll try to find a new focus and continue the Monday Thirties trend begun by Minka and Amber. However, did you you see what this 30 year old did? Not cool for us thirtysomethings.