Sunday, October 10, 2010

Who paid money to see Neon Indian?


It seems like a lot of people who have ever bought a ticket to see a Metro show were sent an e-mail on Saturday giving away a free ticket to see Neon Indian. It was a very odd read, going as far as to say, "If you'd like to bring a guest, please print out two of these emails."

I have only "heard of" Neon Indian, which means I don't own any of his music and have actually never listened to two tracks of his in succession. In the last year the act has performed at Bonnaroo, SXSW and the Pitchfork Music Festival: Rather large venues to get noticed and build a following.

How much would it suck to have been someone who had already bought a ticket to this show, but I'm guessing there aren't that many people in that boat. Monday night isn't exactly a big "going out" night I guess - but I'd probably blame the low attendance projection on Miike Snow performing elsewhere in Chicago the same night. Neon Indian can't win a fight against that act.

Let me know if you want to go to see him for free - I'll forward you the e-mail.