Monday, September 21, 2009

How long would you wait?

Q: Have you seen Road House?
A: I must sadly admit to this confession: I have never seen the 1989 Patrick Swayze star vehicle.

I just added this movie to my NetFlix queue list.
Currently, it's availability is listed as "Very Long Wait."
This shouldn't be surprising.
Net Flix knows when newer movies will be in demand.
For example, I'm sure they had tons of Pineapple Express copies ready to be red enveloped and mailed.
There's no way they could have anticipated exactly when Swayze would pass.
At least, let's hope not.

But back to my confession: me never seeing this classic (it doesn't have to be good to be a classic) piece of motion picture movie film.

When this movie came out, 1989, I was ten years old.
Well under the full supervision of my parents.
This movie is rated R.
Easily, not something my parents would've let me rent at Family Video.
Also, for those of you that may not know... Our family didn't get cable television until 2002.
Which means, a movie such as this, that has lived for such a long time on cable - never got into my range of vision.

I'm sure I can find Road House on TV now, but it'll be on TBS or USA or Spike...but-
Nobody edits Swayze in a corner!

I want to see this film the way it's director intended.
If Swayze's gonna swear, I wanna hear it...
Give me full strength Patrick Power.

Who knows how long it takes.
It's going to be a nice surprise when it arrives.
(or more accurately, it'll be a nice surprise when I get the notification e-mail from Net Flix)