Wednesday, September 23, 2009

If a ball is kicked in the park, and I'm not there to see it, does it make a sound?

Q: How sad was I to miss the third Kickball game?
A: Very, especially when you consider the result of the 4th game.

I was otherwise occupied last Tuesday.
Thankfully last week Conflict Diamond (our Kickball team) won.
Rejoining the team tonight, I was hoping to contribute to the first win streak of the season.

Sadly tonight was not to be.
We lost; our record is 2-2.
As one teammate said, "Hey, we cliched a playoff spot."
(every team, there are 8, makes the playoffs in this league)

We did come out ahead in one area tonight.
The other team complimented our team shirts.

Shirts designed by a fellow teammate to feature the following logo:


It's a pretty sharp logo if I say so myself, and downright stylish when placed on a green with blue trim ringer t-shirt.

Next week we play the top team in the league. Coming into tonight, they were undefeated.
It's time for me to kick it up a notch.

Time for me to start wearing a headband for these contests.

(Post script: I received a text shortly after the game from a teammate informing me of two hamstring injuries that occurred during the game - separate incidents. We also had an unfortunate "friendly fire" incident involving Teammate A kicking a fouling screamer directly into Teammate B. The volume on this thing just got turned up)