Saturday, March 28, 2009

How can you close the gap?

Q. What crowd do I feel the most distant?
A. The cousins from my Dad's side of the family

(For Lent, I've decided to write 40 posts about people I love / made me who I am / thankful to know / appreciate)

Family reunions for my Dad's family seemed to occur every four years in my youth.
I remember being the only one not in high school.
Then I remember being the only one not in college.
When your dad is the youngest of six, and your his youngest - it sets you quite a ways apart from some cousins... I have cousins who have kids my age.

But I'm really looking forward to this August, at a psuedo-reunion under the umbrella of a wedding outside San Francisco. Sure, there's still that distance in age, but I feel that the experience gap is shrinking. It's going to be a great time to catch up... For me, and for them.