Saturday, March 7, 2009

What's the most fun you've ever had at work?

Q. Who knows you best?
A. "Skip"

(For Lent, I've decided to write 40 posts about people I love / made me who I am / thankful to know / appreciate)

Of everyone I know, I think Skip has the most accurate opinion of me. There probably isn't anybody I've been more honest to. Sadly, I'm including my beautiful sister in this statement. There are certain, let's say arenas of conversation, that my sister and I don't need to ever discuss.

From the the time of my high school graduation, to the time of my college graduation, I worked in a warehouse of a small family owned company. I went back there for every Winter and Summer break. For most of that time, it would be just Skip and I alone in the warehouse. The job could really be handled by one person working 3 hours a day - so when you have two people working 6+ hours a day, it left a lot of room for us to goof around.

We invented crazy time killing games including Bowling for Dollars, Soccer Superstar and a plethora of impromptu challenges involving anything from a mop bucket located on the other side of the alley to the friendly UPS truck driver.

It's still quite amazing how close of friends we became. In almost any way you can list, our lifestyles are on opposite ends of the spectrum. However, times together were always fun and full with laughter.