Saturday, March 21, 2009

Is there a Deacon in the house?

Q. If I was on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" who would be my phone-a-friend?
A. A.M.

(For Lent, I've decided to write 40 posts about people I love / made me who I am / thankful to know / appreciate)

A.M. is the husband of yesterday's subject (E.M.), which also makes him my honorary Uncle.
He is a retired school principal of the Milwaukee County School System.
He is now a principal at a smaller Catholic High School.
Retirement, in my opinion, is a lazy choice in his mind.

He recently volunteered in South Africa.
A livelong fan of Milwaukee baseball.
Oh, and before I forget, he's a deacon.

He's the man I want to preside my wedding*

*granted it ever happens
*granted my future wife rejects my desire to elope in Vegas (however, I'd pay to put A.M. on a plane to fly him out last minute)