Thursday, March 19, 2009

Who taught me how to flop, turn and river?

Q. Do you like how the world shrinks as you grow older?
A. P.S.

(For Lent, I've decided to write 40 posts about people I love / made me who I am / thankful to know / appreciate)

P.S. is the husband of G.S. (previously profiled as my sister's best friend).
He welcomed me into his home, on the reference of my sister.
And, in in typical fashion, he's now a good friend thanks to my sister.

I thank him primarily for my current interest in playing cards. I was always wanting to learn how to play cards, but was never invited to "card nights." Nobody volunteered the patience to teach me. Nobody until P.S. (along with his legion of childhood friends).

If I ever somehow attain something large from playing cards - he will be the first person I thank.