Friday, March 6, 2009

Who's good enough for K.B.?

Q. Who am I best enjoying learning more about?
A. D.K.

(For Lent, I've decided to write 40 posts about people I love / made me who I am / thankful to know / appreciate)

I remember when K.B. first started dating D.K. By the time I finally met D, K was already in "love mode" with him and it was easy to see why. D is an extremely kind individual who is as giving with his time and effort than hardly anybody I've ever met.

By the way, to those that are reading this, you know I own a barber chair - right? I'm sorry if you don't know this, and worse if you've never seen it. But when I moved into my condo, that chair had to get moved.

D is the #1 reason that chair got to my place. Our effort to disassemble it left two large pieces that equated to two refrigerators. His truck helped get it to the curb and his strength got it up to the third floor.

Meanwhile, D happens to be the best golfer I know. Thankfully, he was also blessed with patience. To give you a sense of how serious he is: the man golfs in long pants with his shirt tucked. He also carries his bag, no cart or any kind. I look forward to having my game improve beside him.