Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Who is rocket fuel for who I love the most?

Q. Who was someone you can't imagine how you functioned not knowing?
A. G.S.

(For Lent, I've decided to write 40 posts about people I love / made me who I am / thankful to know / appreciate)

Now that my sister has met G.S., her best friend, I am forever thankful for the immense flow of friendship she constantly provides. Only now do I realize how much better my sister's life is having a friend as close as her taking such a large role. Our family is very tight and strong - but G.S. has opened up new paths to happiness and allowed my sister to live the quality of life she deserves.

Nothing I can ever write can provide the credit G.S. deserves.

Not to mention, she's an awesome person - in her own right. She's been a great friend to me (on a personal level independent of my sister) - but I do not want to dilute my point using selfish examples. My sister appreciates G.S. - and I do as well.