Monday, March 16, 2009

Who lives their life the right way?

Q. Who doesn't realize they are a role model?
A. T.M.

(For Lent, I've decided to write 40 posts about people I love / made me who I am / thankful to know / appreciate)

When I first met T.M. I was twenty and he was thirty.
Now I am the one who is thirty.
Our friendship developed rather slowly from the start.
But soon we realized we had a lot of common interests.
And it gave me hope, that I could be a contributing citizen to society and still like video games.
That one day I could live by myself, have a TV as big as I wanted, and literally dictate my own life.

I'm not quite there (TV not as big as I want) but I'm well on my way.

All toys aside, T may be the most professionally successful man I know.
He's also the greatest example of having a faith that can be strong and silent.
T is a hall of fame Catholic. (will be elected in on the first ballot)
(My sister is probably the captain of that team, by the way)

There are a lot of areas in my life I hope to one day increase to T's level:
-His level of faith
-His level of generosity
-His level of availability without question when help is needed.
-His level sincerity.

Of course, I'd love to have his yearly salary / benefits and a TV as big as his - but I'll glady prioritize the above items before those.