Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Do you need a good optomistist?

Q. Who is maybe the most underrated member of the Whimsical Cottage?
A. C.B.

(For Lent, I've decided to write 40 posts about people I love / made me who I am / thankful to know / appreciate)

For those scoring at home, this will be the fourth (of an eventual 5 straight) posts dedicated to the same nuclear family based in Prospect Heights. C is the middle child of the family.

C is three years younger than I. He has always been a better athlete, and it didn't take him long (I think his freshman year of high school) until he was finally able to beat me one-on-one in basketball. That day will always be one of the saddest moments of my life. He's also way smarter that me, but I've always been okay with that. He's now literally a doctor. Passed all the optometry boards and is bona fide certified.

It's too bad that I have a great trusting relationship with my current eye guy. I'd really like to give him more business. However, I must admit, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be with him manning the glaucoma air gun when I still have vivid memories of his room completely dominated by the Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles. (bedspread, wallpaper, desk stationary, and an army of toys)

Let me know if you need an eye exam. I've known this doctor his entire life.